Corked has been a staple wine location in downtown Fredericton since it was founded. Its great selection, atmosphere and wonderful customer service have been key to its ongoing success.
To continue that success, we need an enthusiastic bartender/server/hostess to provide an excellent guest drinking experience. The successful candidate will be involved in helping to make the daily operations of the Fredericton’s only Wine Bar run smoothly. The ideal candidate has a passion for and better than basic knowledge of wine and is interested in learning more. This will be a part-time position of 15-20 hours per week.
- Greet customers, seat and present beverage menu along with specials
- Interact with customers, take orders, recommend selections and serve at table or bar
- Record drink orders accurately and process transactions using the POS system
- Check customers’ identification and confirm legal drinking age
- Restock bar inventory and supplies & advise on replenishment of bar inventory and supplies
- Comply with all beverage regulations as well as health, safety and hygiene standards and policies
- Clean glasses, utensils and bar equipment
- Opening/closing duties and others as may be required by management
- Must have experience as a bartender/server; must be 19+ years
- Knowledge of wine and wine service
- Numeracy and cash-handling skills
- Positive attitude, energetic and people-oriented with a neat, tidy appearance
- Must be able to carry 25lbs, bending, reaching, stairs and standing for long periods of time
- Must be flexible and able to work evenings mid-week and/or weekends
- Relevant training certificate(s) would be considered an asset. (ex: WSET, CAPS, NFS certificates)
- A strong asset is eligibility for the GNB Workforce Expansion program. Please outline your eligibility for this program on your application
Please forward your resume and cover letter, saved as one document to Charlotte via email at info(at)corkedwinebar(dot)ca before Friday, June 10
Thank you for your interest. Only candidates who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.